March 17, 2019, 08:11 am

York beach issue highlights public access concerns


 17-03-2019 8:11 AM

YORK, Maine - Of Maine's entire 3,500-mile coastline, only 12 percent is publicly held. The remaining 88 percent, which includes beaches in Kittery, York, Wells, Kennebunk and beyond, is in private hands, with rights to the beach down to the low water mark. In some cases, the town...

Posted in:
Portsmouth Herald

This article was posted online by Portsmouth Herald. Spot On New Hampshire collects excepts of news articles from this news source and add these in the 'Seacoast'-category. For mor einformation about Spot On New Hampshire, you can check the About Us-page.

This story was posted in the category:




Counties in this region: